Prevent costly healthcare expenses
ScopiaRx offers a population health analytics tool designed to address the fastest growing expense and one of the most potentially dangerous aspects of care: polypharmacy. ScopiaRx uses a proprietary algorithm to quickly identify high risk/high cost patients, and offers care managers alternatives that can be acted on quickly.
Reduce the risk of prescription medicationsDid you know ...
- 30 million people take 5 or more medications (Polypharmacy)
- 100,000 hospital admissions and 700,000 ER visits (2.5% of all ER visits) per year are from adverse drug events
- Drug side effects are the 5th leading cause of death
- Composite alert technology: ScopiaRx summarizes the potential for an adverse effect that often results from interactions between 3 to 7 medications (a polypharmacy alert).
- After market case reports: ScopiaRx’s unique database includes a careful application of aftermarket drug safety data from millions of reports to the FDA.
- Personalized medication safety: ScopiaRx polypharmacy alerts incorporate a patient’s clinical characteristics and genetic traits when that information is available.
ScopiaRx helps clients with medication management programs in two ways
- A population analytics service identifies patients at highest risk for polypharmacy interactions that can result in hospitalizations for bleeding, falls, and kidney failure. This analytics service identifies cost saving opportunities that improve patient safety. The analytics service also identifies polypharmacy reduction strategies to improve adherence to specialty medications.
- Concise safety information about polypharmacy alert(s) for an individual patient guides clinicians and care management teams to safer medication options.